- 6 and 8 cylinder inline engines
- 12 and 16 cylinder V-engines
- Designed and manufactured for a long lifetime with low life cycle costs
- Proven robust design and high reliability
- Ideally suited to power or repower heavy duty locomotives
- Endurance test certificate acc. UIC 623
- Emission standards : UIC II (for non-European countries), Euro IIIA, Euro IIIB (in development)
- Railway applications comprise diesel-electric and diesel-hydraulic new built locomotives, as well as repowering of older locomotives.
- Engineering with focus on tailored solutions and development of more efficient engines, delivering more power with less fule consumption and reducing emissions.
- Machining and assembly workshops are located in the headquarters of Ghent (Belgium). Recent investments in new production and testing workshops have increased the production capacity.
- Sourcing within our own Ogepar Group of engine blocks and castings (Forecast France), turbocharges (KBB Germany) and specialized engineering for complex projects.
- Worldwide maintenance and service operations through a network of partners or our after sales team.
- A large-scale stock of spare parts.
- Tailored training programs for clients and new partners.
- Medium speed engines (max. 1000 rpm) have many advantages comparing to high speed engines (1500-1800 rpm), e.g. in terms of fuel consumption, Life Cycle Costs, etc...
- For locomotive application we use the Heinzmann Pegasos electronic controller and governor.
- We are cooperating with several partners for the supply of transaction alternators.
- We also have partners for the locomotive cooling system (radiators, fans, expansion tanks, etc...).
- Over 170 engines running in Siemens / Vossloh locomotives of the Belgian Railway company SNCB.
- Powering the german Voith Maxima 30CC and 40CC, the world's largest diesel-hydraulic locomotive.
- Supplying the engine for a Middle East - Chinese collaboration diesel-electric locomotive project.
- Repowering project in Middle East.
Please also check our website for details of the engines, datasheets, references,...:http://www.abcdiesel.be/en/index